Hygain Prodigy 20kg
Hygain Prodigy 20kg
Hygain Prodigy is a pelleted feed formulated for the breeder to meet the requirements of stallions, pregnant or lactating mares and growing horses.
Providing essential protein, energy and balanced levels of macro and micronutrients to ensure health, fertility and optimum growth.
- Prebiotics to support a healthy gut and immune system.
- Bio-Available Silicon for bone strength.
- Chelated Minerals are highly available and support healthy bones.
- Natural Vitamin E for antioxidant, circulatory and cardiovascular functions.
- Bio-available Selenium to assist your horse's muscle metabolism.
- Amino Acids, the building blocks of protein for muscle development and to maximize growth.
HYGAIN PRODIGY should be introduced to your horse’s diet gradually. Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, gestation and lactation status, work load, desired body condition, pasture/hay quality and availability and climate. HYGAIN PRODIGY should be fed in conjunction with quality pasture, hay and/or chaff.
Care should be taken to match feed intake to dietary requirements particularly for growing horses as excess energy may increase the incidence of developmental orthopaedic diseases. Should this occur, remove HYGAIN PRODIGY and/or any grain from the diet and change to a concentrated feed such as HYGAIN GROTORQUE or HYGAIN BALANCED to maintain essential nutrient levels in the diet. Seek professional advice.
Where pasture quality and availability is sufficient to maintain body condition, HYGAIN recommends the use of HYGAIN GROTORQUE or HYGAIN BALANCED as a supplementary source of protein, minerals and vitamins.
Foals may be introduced to HYGAIN PRODIGY by ‘creep feeding’ from 2-3 weeks of age.
HYGAIN PRODIGY contains the nutrients necessary to maximize milk quality and lactation duration, fertility, optimal growth and development of musculo-skeletal system.
- Introduce HYGAIN PRODIGY to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- Do not add additional vitamins or minerals unless directed by a veterinarian or nutritionist.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.
Feeding Rates Per Day*
|Weanlings||1.5kg - 2kg|
|Yearlings||2.5kg - 3.5kg|
|Pregnant 1st Trimester||1.5kg - 2.5kg|
|Pregnant 2nd Trimester||1.5kg - 2.5kg|
|Pregnant 3rd Trimester||2.5kg - 3.5kg|
|Lactating Mares||3kg - 5kg|
|Stallions in work||3kg - 4kg|
*Intended as a guide only, all variables should be taken into consideration.