Hygain ZERO is an innovative pelletised feed formulated with ingredients that provide a diet high in soluble fibres and low in starches and sugars.
Research suggests that diets high in Non Structural Carbohydrates (NSC’s), starches and sugars such as those present in cereal grains and cereal grain by-products (eg. bran, pollard) can cause or contribute to the severity of conditions such as Cushings Disease, Laminitis, Tying-Up, PSSM, Obesity, Insulin Resistance, Equine Metabolic Syndrome and other behavioural issues.
Hygain ZERO is a complete feed ration for horses and ponies that may benefit from a diet low in starches and sugars.
Hygain ZERO is a high fibre fortified formula designed to be fed with quality pasture approximating 1.5% of total body weight per day and where necessary, the diet may also be supplemented with hay. Soaking of hay is recommended for horses prone to starch/sugar related conditions (eg. Laminitis, Cushings, PSSM etc). If feeding oaten or wheaten hay ensure that grain content is minimal. The use of chaff is not required.
- Introduce HYGAIN ZERO to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- Do not add additional vitamins or minerals unless directed by a veterinarian or nutritionist.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.