HYGAIN TRU GAIN may also be used to decrease (partially replace) the amount of grain in your horse’s diet, providing a safer method of supplying calories. Reduced levels of starch intake may decrease the risk of feed related disorders such as colic, laminitis, acidosis, Equine Metabolic Syndrom and Cushings.
Horses that are adapted to dietary fat have an increased oxidative capacity and spare muscle and liver glycogen during aerobic exercise.
A high quality coat is partially dependent on providing horses with essential fatty acids for healthy skin and gleaming hair as provided in HYGAIN TRU GAIN.
HYGAIN’s controlled moisture and pressure cooking process (extrusion) promotes highly efficient digestion and nutrient utilisation and improved feed safety.
HYGAIN TRU GAIN can be fed as an addition to your horse’s premixed feed/grains and roughage. Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, appetite, exercise, desired body condition and pasture/hay quality and availability.
- Introduce HYGAIN TRU GAIN to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions HYGAIN.