HYGAIN TRU CARE provides a balanced diet of highly digestible fibre, fat and carbohydrates along with essential vitamins and minerals specifically developed to meet the nutritional requirements of mature horse/pony (6 yo +) when in work, at rest or enjoying retirement.
HYGAIN’s controlled moisture and pressure cooking process (extrusion) promotes highly efficient digestion and nutrient utilisation and improved feed safety. The extruded cube can be soaked in water, resulting in a mash that is ideal for horses with poor dentition.
Care should be taken to match feed intake to age, breed, appetite, exercise, desired body condition, pasture/hay quality and availability and climate. HYGAIN TRU CARE should be fed in conjunction with quality pasture, hay, chaff or soluble fibre sources.
- Introduce HYGAIN TRU CARE to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.