HYGAIN MICRSPEED should be introduced to your horse’s diet gradually. Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, exercise intensity, desired body condition and climate.
HYGAIN MICRSPEED is a highly palatable, digestible energy source. Care should be taken to match feed intake to workload. Reduce feed intake on rest days, if horses gain weight and/or training regime is interrupted. HYGAIN MICRSPEED can be fed either as a complete feed or with the addition of added grains such as oats.
Horses in full work on average will require 4-7kg of HYGAIN MICRSPEED together with 4-5kg of quality roughage. If the diet contains added grains such as oats, HYGAIN recommends that you feed between 3-4kg of HYGAIN MICRSPEED plus 2-3kg of additional grains as well as 4-5kg of quality roughage.
During periods of heavy sweat loss additional supplementation with an electrolyte such as HYGAIN REGAIN is recommended.
- Introduce HYGAIN MICRSPEED to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- Do not add additional vitamins or minerals unless directed by a veterinarian or nutritionist.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.