MICRLUPIN flakes can be fed on their own or mixed with other grains such as MICRBARLEY, MICRMAIZE and or oats to meet dietary requirements or used as a top up to premixed, pelleted or extruded feeds and should be fed with a minimum of 1.5% of body weight as fibre such as quality pasture/ hay and or chaff.
Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, desired body condition, exercise intensity, gestation and lactation status, pasture/hay quality and availability and climate. Care should be taken to match feed intake to dietary requirements. Reduce grain intake on rest days, if horses gain weight and / or training regime is interrupted.
- Introduce HYGAIN MICRLUPINS to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.