1kg of whole or steamed flaked barley can be replaced with approximately 750grams of HYGAIN MICRBARLEY. HYGAIN MICRBARLEY should be fed with roughage and can be mixed with other grains to meet nutrient requirements.
Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, desired body condition, exercise intensity, gestation and lactation status, pasture/hay quality and availability and climate. Care should be taken to match feed intake to dietary requirements. Reduce grain intake on rest days, if horses gain weight and / or training regime is interrupted.
- Introduce HYGAIN MICRBARLEY to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.