HYGAIN ICE – maximises condition, maintains control, is complete, convenient and cost effective.
HYGAIN ICE – ICE is a scientifically formulated high fibre, low starch fortified pellet designed to maximise your horse or ponies condition while keeping it calm and cool. It is important to remember each horse should be treated as an individual when feeding. Be safe and sure, weigh all feedstuffs.
Fat animals are at high risk of laminitis; maintain your horse or pony at condition score 2½ to 3. If weight loss is necessary, the animal must be stabled or fitted with a grazing muzzle. Feed intake should be reduced to achieve a slow but steady loss under the supervision of your veterinary surgeon.
Only use Laminitis Trust Approved Feeds and limited long forage or restricted grazing to avoid laminitis. Animals may require a nutritional supplement; consult your veterinary surgeon, or nutritionist for advice.
Further information on Laminitis is available at www.laminitis.org
- Introduce HYGAIN ICE to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- Do not add additional vitamins or minerals unless directed by a veterinarian or nutritionist.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.